Eye exams are about a lot more than updating your eyewear prescription. During a preventive eye exam, Dr. Paul Thompson of the West Charleston Boulevard Walmart will check all aspects of your vision, including the structure of the eyes and how well they work together. Based on the findings of the exam, your Las Vegas eye doctor will recommend a solution that is right for your eye health and vision needs.
During an eye examination at the Charleston Boulevard Walmart, Dr. Thompson will look for the following:
- Your ability to see clearly at near and at far distances
- Your ability to change focus efficiently and comfortably
- Your ability to use both eyes as a team
- Vision conditions like nearsightedness, farsightedness, astigmatism and presbyopia
- Eye diseases like glaucoma and conditions like cataracts
- General health conditions like diabetes and high blood pressure that can often be detected in the eyes
At the Las Vegas eye doctor office of Dr. Thompson, we believe in affordable eye care, which is why we accept most insurance and union plans. Below is a list of some of the plans we accept: Aetna, Davis/MGM & Wynn, NVA, Superior Vision, Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Great West, PHCS, UMR,Beach Street, Medicaid, Principal, UnitedHealthcare (UHC), Cigna, Medical Eye Services, Southpoint, VSP (Out of Network), Coast Benefits, Medicare, and Spectera/UHC Vision.